In present generation there are more than four billion mobile phone users. Interestingly, there are 7 billion people all over the world and 3.5 billion of them use a toothbrush! In UK 51% of the mobile phone users, use smart phones. It is astonishing that within 3 minutes, 90% of the text sent by a particular user to a receiver are viewed instantly.
- 81% of the smart phone users, have a constant research about the products and gadgets they’re aspiring and going to buy. We’re sure, you’re one of them!
- Among the digital marketers, 43% use mobile technology conveniently.
- 50% of smartphone users scan QR Code, again you might be one of them!
- 95% of the smartphone users gain local information by searching through their phone, while 61% of the smartphone users apply calling process.
- 42% of the tablet device users ply and use their device by viewing the TV simultaneously and concurrently.
- 16% of the smartphone users use their own phone for direct marketing in order to snap up, buy and purchase their products.
- In america, smartphone users above 16 years (16+), 58% of the total have their own personal, idiosyncratic smartphone.
- We know 2014 is just running now and uptime now, the users who browse websites and social networking sites from their smartphones is about 1.2 billion.
- Among the internet traffic, 15 % of the traffic is from mobile internet all over the world.
- 85% of the emails are browsed from mobile where as 15% of the emails are browsed from tablets all over the world.
- 25% of the smartphone users in america use their mobile phone just to access the internet.
- There are about 5 times smartphones as many as there are personal computers (PCs)
- 91% of the adults have their personal mobile phone within their hands 24/7!
- 82% of the US adults have their own personal smartphones.
- 30 million consumers view television content using their smartphones.
- The incredulous and the best selling handset of all time was the dirt cheap Nokia 1100 launched in 2003 with 250m sales. To the great astonishment, secondhand Nokia 1100 handsets were briefly sold for over $10,000 following and with patronage a rumor that they could be used to hack online money transfers and transactions. But the real fact they didn’t even know that they can’t.
Benumb, amazed and astonished? It’ll be more interesting and startle, when we go back to the contemporary time and the birth time of our incredulous mobile and smartphones. Let’s go to the history!
- DynaTAC was the first portable mobile phone developed back the time. It’s original model weighed 1 kilogram and had 35 minutes of battery life. We know you’re imagining too fervent and ardent.
- The DynaTAC’s weight was reduced to 794g before it came to the market and displayed to the public.
- Vodafone and Cellnet were the only UK mobile phone providers till 1993.
- There were 8 mobile phone subscriptions per 100 people in the developing world by 2011.
Stay tuned for more interesting facts and figures!